Matcha tea is a superfood, meaning it’s high in nutrients and provides multiple health benefits. As a staple in Japanese culture, this bright green drink dates back hundreds of years. Today, matcha tea and iced matcha lattes can be found in local coffee shops, matcha ice cream can be purchased at the grocery store and the finely ground powder can be added to a number of desserts, dishes and beverages. Here are just some of the health benefits that make matcha tea so popular.
- Disease Prevention. Packed with nutrients, matcha is an excellent source of calcium, protein, potassium, vitamins A and C and more to help support the immune system. It’s also been linked with lowering bad cholesterol and blood sugar and with improving liver and heart health. Plus, matcha contains a large amount of EGCg, which is an organic compound that can help fight some cancers.
- Relaxation. Sipping on a hot cup of matcha tea can help calm and relax your body. That’s because it contains L-Theanine, an amino acid that stimulates the production of alpha waves in the brain, making it ideal for practicing yoga and meditation.
- Memory and Concentration. Similarly, drinking matcha tea can help you prepare before a big exam or presentation. L-Theanine also helps produce dopamine and serotonin, which can increase memory and concentration.
- Weight Loss. For anyone looking to shed a few pounds, matcha tea can boost your metabolism and burn fat in order to help support your diet.
- Detoxification. Known for its distinctive green color, matcha tea contains high levels of chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is a natural detoxifying agent that can help eliminate chemical toxins and heavy metals from your body for a cleaner, healthier you.
- Energy and Endurance. Between the rich nutrients and the natural caffeine, matcha tea delivers a boost of energy to help jumpstart the day.
- Youthful-Looking Skin. Research conducted by Brunswick Labs found that matcha actually contains more antioxidants than gojiberries, pomegranate, blueberries, broccoli and spinach combined (Matcha Source). Antioxidants have several immune health benefits and can help prevent aging to maintain beautiful, youthful-looking skin.
Keep both your mind and body feeling healthy by drinking matcha tea from Columbia Distributing. With a large selection of tea to choose from, including matcha, you’ll be able to find a drink that’s perfect for all your needs. For more information, get in touch with us today.